Thursday, January 3, 2008

On resolutions.

Some people make lists of resolutions that resemble the following:
1. Lose weight
2. Quit smoking
3. Quit drinking
4. Join a gym
5. Get a boyfriend
6. Give up [enter any number of things here, including: ice cream, chocolate, one night stands, men who are bad for me, bread, fat, coffee, talking on cell phones in restaurants/while driving/in public (I would like to give my full support to this last {note the many layers of parenthetical remarks})].

Without judging any of these noble projects, my own list of resolutions looks something like this:

1. Make my own butter
2. Cure my own meat
3. Learn to brew beer
4. Finish reading The Wine Bible and finally stop confusing Bordeaux and Burgundy (really embarrassing when you work in a wine shop, but easier to do than you might think).
5. Make kasespaetzle
6. Write every day
7. Make more ice cream
8. Develop a refined palate for riesling
9. Become rich and famous beyond my wildest dreams

Doable, right?

2 comments:

Natalie MacLean said...

You've noted some great resolutions here! If you're still thirsting to read more about wine, please join my free e-newsletter. You might also find my food-and-wine matching tool helpful.

Cheers,
Natalie

www.nataliemaclean.com
Author of Red, White and Drunk All Over

jadebaranski said...

i believe.